Sign in to follow this  
Maureen

Hi From Md - Longdog Leather Works

Hi all

this is my first post and I'm sure glad I found this forum. My husband Sean and I have an in-home business (on top of our full time "day jobs") where we make leather dog collars, primarily martingales. Our primary target audience is the retired racing greyhound community as we are both involved somewhat with our local adoption group. We actually started the business as a way to donate goods and money to the greyhound community. We have made and sold collars for all types and sizes of dogs and sent them all over the world though as we do a fair amount of internet business. Our favorite thing though is the greyhound reunion events where we go to set up as a vendor. It's been a great way to travel and visit with lots of people.

Our website is www.longdogleather.com if anyone has any comments or critiques

I have some questions but I'll post them else-where.

Maureen and Sean

Edited by Maureen

Hi Maureen, Welcome!! I too am a dog person and really can appreciate the work that goes into rescue. I did rescue for 15 years before "retiring"...sometimes the heart just can't take it. Best of luck with your ventures in leatherwork. I will forward your website to several dog rescues and dog people here in Canada. All the best. Karen

Maureen and Sean,

Welcome to the forum. With your experience, I hope you will join in on the conversations and help extend the knowledge base that is here. Again, welcome to the forum.

BillN

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Being that we have a niche item, sometimes the new creative process gets stifled by the need to keep up inventory. I'm looking to use the forum as a way to take some of those crazy ideas floating in my head and turn them into a new item for our customers. I particularly am interested in figure carving and braiding - I can't wait for a couple free moments (ha!) to dive in and take advantage of all the resources here. Glad we found you all. Happy Friday everyone!

Sean