Sign in to follow this  
dragonworks

Help On Pricing Of Leather Goods

hello been awhile since i've been on. lots going on in life right now as everyone has. i've been making alot of stuff, and when i quote a price some people are saying im upping the price to get rich(ya). so my question is , what is the general thought on pricing leather goods. most of what i do is a one off, i make and design the patterns 90 % of the time. so how would i figure a good price scale on things? trying to figure this out and not cost me anything to do there project. i've had to pay for materials before to finish a piece because i quoted to low, my wife dont like this!!!!

so if any of you old timers, masters of the craft, or high selling individuals have a price scheme that may help, please give me an idea. thanks from a 2 yr. newbie. justin

Edited by dragonworks

There's a similar conversation going on up above

http://leatherworker...showtopic=45505

Basically, to sum up my response, I charge a flat hourly rate that I've decided is fair and comparable to the market value regardless of what the item is. It does good at covering my costs and the value of my time. Usually when people think my prices are high, they end up looking around and realizing that it's actually pretty fair for what they're getting and then they come right back.

I mention my time keeping app in that thread. One thing I didn't mention that could help you is the ability to export it and email it as PROOF of how much time you spend on each aspect of the project :). I've never had to do that, but I like having the ability to if anybody decides to question my time.

Edited by Cyberthrasher