Shorts

Need help putting machine together

Got my Cobra Class 3 yesterday. It's unpacked, motor is up on the stand. But I need to put on the hand wheel and that belt I assume that also came with. Can anyone give me tips on how to go about it please? A monkey could probably figure it out but well, I just don't want to get too 'creative' and do something I'm not suppose too :blush: . No DVD yet so I'm flying blind. I just want to get a'stitchin' :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Hey Monica!

I'd call Steve. I've never come with a question that he couldn't answer!

Mike

Got my Cobra Class 3 yesterday. It's unpacked, motor is up on the stand. But I need to put on the hand wheel and that belt I assume that also came with. Can anyone give me tips on how to go about it please? A monkey could probably figure it out but well, I just don't want to get too 'creative' and do something I'm not suppose too :blush: . No DVD yet so I'm flying blind. I just want to get a'stitchin' :thumbsup:

Thanks!

You are a woman - you can do anything, LOL - stop worrying and just go for it! Steve is on the end of a phone line and will talk you through the tricky bits.

Ray

LOL

Well this lady got it this second time around on the install-a-belt technique. You know, hand place it then roll the pulley to pull the rest through. I wish there was a tensioner pulley like on my Chevrolet :rofl:

I don't think I want to know if this isn't how it goes. I don't think my nerves can take any more work this busy week :crazy:

I soo need a vacation!

Edited by Shorts

Shorts, let us know how you like it, i had Steve send me a brochure, and i can't stop thinking about one, lets say i'm about an inch or in this case a stitch away from buying one....thanks, Tom

Will do. I was thrilled to finally get it ordered.

I tell you though, that large think hunk of leather that was included to show the capability/setup was the coolest thing :thumbsup:

Oh goodness, just got off the phone with Steve. The gentleman he is, gave me a call to make certain I had what I needed. Turns out I needed a lot more help than I knew! :rofl:

I've got more reading and practicing to do but I'm squared away..(for now!). I might add, I know how to clear a jam now lol (My machine took off on me when I turned it on) :Holysheep:

Steve, thank you for your time and patience. It cannot be easy walking folks through the process while on the other end of the phone line, not able to see the situation and we won't even mention the difference in terminology!

When I was considering making my machine purchase I was told that service was top notch, I know first hand, it is!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hello:

The flywheel should install quite easily. On the wheel you will see two screws. Simply slide the wheel onto the shaft being sure to install it in such a manner that the screws will clamp down into the v-groove notch on shaft sticking out of the sewing machine, and also the flat spot on the shaft which is 90 degress parallel to the v-groove. Tighten them up with a screwdriver first, then switch to a wrench for final tightening.

As for the belt, you may need to adjust the spoeed redcuer up or down a bit to get it to slide on, or you can also just put the belt all the way on and then turn the wheel to pop it into place.

Hope this is of some help to you. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan O. Neel

Neel's Saddlery and Harness

Cowboy Sewing Machines

1-866-507-8926

Thanks Ryan!

I wanted to add a few pics of some practice. I certainly need work to get smooth on the controls as well as learn and get that muscle memory going. You know when you do that coordination trick of tapping your head and rubbing your stomach; if you go really slow and think hard you can do it...well that's me LOL

Anyhow, pics...(a random scrap piece with some hand stitching already):

Hi Shorts,

That's the straightest lines I've seen from someone just starting.

Art

Thanks Ryan!

I wanted to add a few pics of some practice. I certainly need work to get smooth on the controls as well as learn and get that muscle memory going. You know when you do that coordination trick of tapping your head and rubbing your stomach; if you go really slow and think hard you can do it...well that's me LOL

Anyhow, pics...(a random scrap piece with some hand stitching already):

Shorts,

Congrat on your new machine. I assume the Cobra is very much like the Toro 3000. If it is - I have the DVD that is most helpful & I will certainly lend it to you for a couple of weeks, if you think it will help.

Just let me know.

Monica, I just wanna see the gun that goes in that holster.......

Edited by TwinOaks

Thanks Art.

Tom, thanks for the offer on the DVD. Mine is on the way. My machine got here so fast. Steve said they send the DVD separate through the mail because they had a bit of trouble with DVDs breaking when shipped freight with the machine. At a 325lb pallet, doesn't surprise me. And you are correct, it is like the Toro 3000.

Edited by Shorts

Monica, I just wanna see the gun that goes in that holster.......

Oh, it is truly a work of art :rofl: