Sign in to follow this  
viejo

What I've Been Up To....

No fotos to show, mostly been doing mental work. Finishing up figuring out some details on construction of two different knife sheaths, I'll post pics of those when I get them finished. Then I get to come up with a shoulder holster (for me), that'll be fun.

However, the thing I enjoyed doing the most was I had the opportunity to teach a holster building class at the local Tandy Factory Store. There ended up being about 8 folks there. They had been emailed instructions of how to set up the outlines of their guns (didn't want a store full of guns floating around) although I did bring a blue gun. During the two hours, I showed them how to pattern the gun using a manila legal sized folder. Then I whipped thru "designing" a holster. I spoke about thumb straps and tie downs, belt loops and boot clips. Then I cut a quicky holster out of some 3 oz that I brought for the purpose, stapled it together (to emmulate sewing) and dunked it in a pail of water for about 30 seconds. I shoved the blue gun into the holster and shaped it. That's what I think caught everyones attention.

I also gave, as a resource, LEATHERWORKER.NET, I hope folks here don't mind.......