Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Landis Cutter Removal? HELP!

All,

I just picked up a Landis Line Machine and am in need of some assistance to take some of the peices off of it for new blades, replacement etc.

First is the Cutter blades, I'll try to attach a photo. While it has a screw in the middle, I cannot get it to budge. If you have one of these machines, PLEASE contact me I need to pick your brain. I need a blade or two as well for this cutter attachement, something to make half-round edges..whatcha got?? Used is FINE!

Second is the line finisher, I have a few of the rollers and such off the main shafts but cannot get some of the sanders to budge, yep I soaked them in WD40 and such, screws are removed, they WONT move. Thoughts???

Thanks much!

Andy

PS my Weaver Edger is for sale in the marketplace section here!

PHOTO OF LANDIS:

landisscrewmg7.jpg

All,

This is one of the sanders, and I cannot figure out how to loosen the assembly to slide it off the shaft. HELP!

sanderjh3.jpg

All,

This is one of the sanders, and I cannot figure out how to loosen the assembly to slide it off the shaft. HELP!

sanderjh3.jpg

Andy,

The hole in the smooth smaller collar on the end, takes a special wrench,Like a spanner wrench, it looks like a "C" shape, there is a knob on the wrench that fits into that hole on the photo. Hopefully one came with yours.Hope that helps.

steve

Thanks Steve!

Andy,

The hole in the smooth smaller collar on the end, takes a special wrench,Like a spanner wrench, it looks like a "C" shape, there is a knob on the wrench that fits into that hole on the photo. Hopefully one came with yours.Hope that helps.

steve

Thanks to all who helped with the line machine fittings, after 12 cans of WD 40 and some hammering with a rubber mallet, it WORKS!

FYI: I have a pile of shafts and pulleys and bearings from the Landis line machine that need a home, if you are in New England and want this stuff, TELL ME! I can show you how I made a mini-line machine for my holsters out of part of this pile of goodies!

Andy