Sign in to follow this  
Tala1276

Leather Wall Artwork

Hi, my name is Tanya Watson,

From time to time I make real leather artwork and would like to know your point of view on them

I have recently visited The Glasgow School of Art here in Scotland and have been inspired by everything I saw there.

Here are the pictures of the 2 things I have created under the influence of that visit and I hope to make more of these

Would really appreciate your comments and any constructive critique or questions.

I would call it "My Macintosh roses"

macint018.jpg

By tanya_watson at 2010-08-27

kkkkkkkkkkkkk004.jpg

macint007.th.jpg

macint012.th.jpg

macint005.th.jpg

Edited by Tala1276

From time to time I make real leather artwork and would like to know your point of view on them

I have recently visited The Glasgow School of Art here in Scotland and have been inspired by everything I saw there.

Here are the pictures of the 2 things I have created under the influence of that visit and I hope to make more of these

Would really appreciate your comments and any constructive critique or questions.

macint018.jpg

kkkkkkkkkkkkk004.jpg

macint007.th.jpg

macint012.th.jpg

macint005.th.jpg

Tanya, very interesting images.Do you do them with suede or coloured chrome tanned leather? When I look in my scrap bin I can see a gallery full of artwork however my brain is not capable of 'seeing' the finished object. I am like many leatherworkers - an craftsman not an artist. It is a refreshing change to see another way to use leather. Keep at it.

regards, BJ (TapTapTap)

macint018.jpg

kkkkkkkkkkkkk004.jpg

macint007.th.jpg

macint012.th.jpg

macint005.th.jpg

Hi, BJ!

Thanks for your quick response

I will try and explain how I do these things

I use leather from the leather jackets and coats that people do not wear any more

I buy leather in charity shops and use it as it is mostly quite thin and soft-ish and you can do a lot of from it and sometimes I can even skive it sometimes

I also make jewellery from leather and gemstones .. I can show you some photos too on my blog

Let me know if u wanna see them

So I just take an old coat and cut it in pieces and use them in my work

I do not use any paint or dye as I use only the colours available ( and I have collected quite a bit of those and so there is a lot to choose from)

and it is probably the type you described - chrome ......

Hi Tanya

Great adaptation of Makintosh's rosesto leatherwork !!

Recognised them imediately - the Mackintosh's painted and designed in the village next to ours - Port Vendres - in France for some time before they returned to Glasgow.

Margaret Mackintosh painted scenes that remind me a bit of the famous "Sheridan Lady" on this site.

Keep it up they are beautiful !!

Dave

Hi Tanya

Great adaptation of Makintosh's rosesto leatherwork !!

Recognised them imediately - the Mackintosh's painted and designed in the village next to ours - Port Vendres - in France for some time before they returned to Glasgow.

Margaret Mackintosh painted scenes that remind me a bit of the famous "Sheridan Lady" on this site.

Keep it up they are beautiful !!

Dave

Thanks for that comment!!!

Merci beacoup !!

Great artistic arrangement....That is one area where I definitely lack knowledge. Thanks for sharing!

this i s a typical brace;t I would make

dscf4719.jpg

By tanya_watson at 2009-09-02

my husbands fav picture

3004.jpg

By tanya_watson at 2010-08-21

3001am.jpg

By tanya_watson at 2010-08-21

here you can see some examples of leather jewellery

http://tanya-watson.livejournal.com/137412.html

Here is a very unusual thing for you

you can watch here a slideshow of the works of the other girls I know from Russia and we organize competitions regularly and very soon we shall have another one

so do not pay attention to the text and just watch

there are a lot more videos on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Tala1276#p/a/u/1/f0uiF9KVy3I

http://tanya-watson.livejournal.com/125728.html

After a long break I made another one as a Present for a friend of mine

and as usual - the theme is my favourite Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his Roses

img2443bv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the rest of the pictures are here

http://tanya-watson.livejournal.com/216328.html