NewYorkerInSydney

Custom Leather Maker Stamp

Hi good people,

I have lots of questions today. :) I know many of you use custom leather stamps. Can any of you recommend a leather stamp maker? I have tried repeatedly to get in contact with the man at Green Parrot, and even though I have been nothing but polite to him, he has been beyond rude to me and I refuse to give him my business even though he is the only other custom stamp maker I know of. I would like to keep the cost under $75 if I can. Can anyone suggest any others? Id like my stamp to be no less than an inch and a half wide.

THank you all so much as usual for your generous spirited replies.

Jade

Hi Jade, i use a maker stamp and i think i got them from Hide Crafters around 8 or 10 years ago. I did a quick search useing (makers marks) and found this one right off the bat, http://www.lasergiftcreations.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=20 . I remember seeing a longer thread that has several stamp makers on it. Mine are made from kind of plastic or nylon i guess. Anyway i use them quite a bit and have for several years and never had a problem with them.

John

www.lasergiftcreations.com

$35 plus shipping. No design costs

Good luck

Friggin great! :) Thanks for that link you two. I just visited their site. Looks good to me. I am going to place an order. :) THANK YOU!

We've got two on the way now from that seller. Service was amazingly fast and great help with the design. Also very reasonable for international shipping, which often is NOT the case. It's a site I've seen recommended here a lot.

I've got a maker stamp from Richard at Green Parrot and its a good stamp, but lots of people have found him not very good to deal with, including me.

I'd recommend Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics. Jeff's great to work with and has always been very reliable. His website is under construction, but he has a brochure online here with all his contact info and samples.

Hi friends, thanks very much. This is all very helpful. And yes, the guy at Green Parrot is beyond rude even though I had only been nice to him. I asked how long is his turnaround and he ACTUALLY said "I am up to my ass in orders. I'll get to you when I can". Unbelievable. He wont get a penny from me and if he keeps that up he wont get a penny from anyone else either. I emailed the folks at lasergiftcreations and hope they can help. Thanks so much everyone.

Hello,

I'm still pretty new, but I did find these guys on ebay. These seem to be the cheapest guys I could find for a maker stamp around $25 each. As far as I know you can ask them about custom designs as well.

Studio-N

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Makers-Stamp-leather-embossing-clicker-and-hammer-delrin-stamp-/261131663432?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccca8f848

Black River Laser ( This guy is even cheaper )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-BLACK-DELRIN-1-INCH-OVAL-MAKERS-STAMP-DUAL-USE-LASER-MADE-NEW-/130806512400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e74acfb10

I haven't ordered from them yet, just found the posting.

We had bought a custom stamp from www.lasergiftcreations.com (not a maker mark) just a stamp my wife wanted. We sent the design and spoke with the lady who created the stamps(Sorry I cant recall her name, its was like 3 years ago) she created the stamp and sent - Very very good customer service. Once we got the stamp I statred testing it and realized there was an issue with it, I called the lady back at www.lasergiftcreations.com and talked to her and the issue was just a part of the way the Delrin stamps are created and there are some clean up issues that she handles on each stamp made, we discussed and the options were :

1. Send the stamp back and she would clean up issue and send back (That is great customer service in my book)

2. I could clean up the issue and if I caused any damage to stamp she would create a new one and send it to me. (Thats another sign of great customer service in my book)

So I took a finger nail file and ran it lightly ove the affected area 3 times and we have never had any issues with the stamp.

I would highly recommend www.lasergiftcreations.com for any stamp creation ideas.

My husband got me a set of maker's stamps for Christmas. He's always been interested in my craft, so I didn't think twice when he asked me detailed info on what I wanted a few months ago.

He went with Argontool.com specifically http://www.steelstam...ing-stamps.html

He got me a 5/8 inch stamp and a 2 inch stamp.

The stamps are metal and I'm very impressed with the crisp impressions they make. They threw in a (huge) 2 inch maker stamp for almost no extra money. I make dog collars, so the 2 inch maker stamp is probably going to go unused (dear husband thought I could stamp the back of a tooled dog collar with the 2 inch one, but I appreciate the thought).

I've attached a photo of the stamp impressed in dry leather with a single mallet stroke. I made the logo myself in photoshop from a photo of my saluki dog, and even the hairs on the tail and legs showed through on the stamp. My photo (taken in poor light) doesn't show the detail that came through, but at least you can get the gist of it.

post-29375-0-91361200-1356830890_thumb.j

thank you to mrtruckguy for the shout out. I also make custom stamps and plates beyond the makers stamp. Drop me a line if you need anything.

-=Nick