Riverdog

S&w K Frame Holster With Front Welt

For adjustable sight 4 inch barreled S&W K frames. Front welt for sight clearance. post-28203-0-02987600-1407444056_thumb.j

Actually you would get better sight clearance without the welt.

BTW, very good looking holster. Seems to be the style recently.

Do you have a picture of the back?

Red- I've had trouble with previous attempts without the welt, front sight abrading the holster, can you show me an example? I tried to re-create the sight channel from an old Safariland holster. I only started this a few months ago and it's been a bit of a struggle trying to improve, teaching myself.

Glockanator- not a great photo, but here you gopost-28203-0-03007500-1407451050_thumb.j

My only point of critique is the "Oh Shit!" strap. If you want a secure gun place the strap behind the hammer. Other than that it looks good. I dont welt a sight channel usually, only if the customer asks for it.

Tip

Sorry RiverDog, just came back to the post. I make SASS holsters that are reverse sewn. The seam is in the front. My 3 screw Blackhawks never catch on anything and they have very tall front sights.

http://www.redcentcustomleather.com/

Does this look familiar?

SWholster001_zps1951df16.jpg

Anyways, the seam itself should keep the sight from catching.

LQ, the gun in his holster has high adjustable sights and should work well as snug as his holster is made. If that was a Model 10, then the strap should be behind the hammer.

RiverDog, when I make the regular holsters, I tape a pencil to the top of the barrel. I have four or five pencils that are cut. I slope cut the pencil to fit the front sight and slope cut to end at the front of the frame.

Red,

Been away from the computer for a bit, sewing the front is a very interesting method, thank you for the photo. Hopefully it won't upset you if I try one like that?

Matt

Nope, not a bit.