Sign in to follow this  
BLW

Singer 95-1 Leather Timing Belts

Gentlemen & Ladies too,

I have developed a method to make and replace the leather timing belts for the early Singer 95 class machines prior to the gear driven 95-10s. Since the early machines are now 100 years old, an otherwise well engineered Singer machine's leather timing belt will have rotted away leaving the owner with a basic rowboat anchor.

Haven't done it yet, but look on Ebay in the next few days for this 95-1 I found locally on Craigslist and have refurbished with a serious PB Blaster cleanup and a newly created belt. I have the means to make more belts for sale to anyone who wants to get their boat anchor up and running again for sewing 4-6 layers of denim or upholstery leathers.

I also have the matching Singer induction motor which I rewired along with the 6 volt work light. It uses the old fashioned 2-contact twist-in 1157 auto bulbs now selling for $5 each. Motor runs great and the light works!

You will have to learn how to disassemble the rear of your machine and retime the rotary hook...all easy to do if you're mechanically inclined...OR, you can pay a tech to install the belt for you. I will help you as necessary.

This is just a heads up post to see if anyone out there is interested in getting a new leather timing belt for their early 95 class machine...or wants to buy this one before I put it on Ebay.

If your interested in this machine, want to see pix of it and make me an offer for everything including the motor and all the stuff I have for it...like the vintage factory binders before I list it on Ebay, just let me know. Yes, I have the metal drip pan, and the knee lifter. You will need to make/get a table top, a leg set with a pedal and connector rod, a bobbin winder, thread stand and a 1/4 - 5/16 leather belt.

Stay tuned,

Bob Marshall

Edited by BLW