jlaudio29

Holster Plate On 441 Clones (Toros, Cowboys And Cobra)

So, I got a Toro 3000 from Steve at leathermachine co. Also got the holster plate with it, the machine didnt come setup with the holster plate on it, it came setup for a plate that sits lower.

So.. basically a couple issues, the leather seems like its getting smooshed way to much and is causing a lot of trama on the backside, i know there is supposed to be some but not this much. Its also causing issues on the top side with the inner pressor foor making marks on the leather.

Ive tried adjusting both presser feet adjustments and think i got i to an ok setting, im not exactally sure..

Now the next issue is the stitches, top stitches look great, but the bottom stitch has the stop stitch showing in some spots or the bobbing thread just looks slightly loose or not pulled tight to the leather.

Another thing that is occuring that i can not figure out is that the needle at top dead center and upon returning to the downstroke is being moved from what appears to be the tension of the thread pulling it to one side then it goes back just before it goes though the inner presser foot hole..... It did not used to do this.. i have played with the top tension to where i have made it significantly looser and its still doing this.

Spent about 4 hours messing with it tonight and im totally frustrated. Im posting this in here because im hoping some of you use the holster plate and had to make adjustments when you put it on there due to how much higher it sits off the cylinder arm then the other plates.

I think the only thing i havnt messed with is the bobbin tension.....

So, I got a Toro 3000 from Steve at leathermachine co. Also got the holster plate with it, the machine didnt come setup with the holster plate on it, it came setup for a plate that sits lower.

So.. basically a couple issues, the leather seems like its getting smooshed way to much and is causing a lot of trama on the backside, i know there is supposed to be some but not this much. Its also causing issues on the top side with the inner pressor foor making marks on the leather.

Ive tried adjusting both presser feet adjustments and think i got i to an ok setting, im not exactally sure..

Do you have pictures of what's going on, and of the plate on your machine?

Now the next issue is the stitches, top stitches look great, but the bottom stitch has the stop stitch showing in some spots or the bobbing thread just looks slightly loose or not pulled tight to the leather.

Too much top tension, or a threading problem. Unthread the whole machine, and re-thread it following Steve's video on youtube. If that doesn't help, back the top tension right off until the bobbin threads are pulled up to the top, then tighten the top tension up until they dissappear but don't reappear on the bottom.

Another thing that is occuring that i can not figure out is that the needle at top dead center and upon returning to the downstroke is being moved from what appears to be the tension of the thread pulling it to one side then it goes back just before it goes though the inner presser foot hole..... It did not used to do this.. i have played with the top tension to where i have made it significantly looser and its still doing this.

This happens when you've missed threading the thread through the guide right on the needle bar so the thread's coming in at an angle from the last guide on the head of the machine. This is what pulls the needle and bends it. There's a little guide on the needle bar above the needle that the thread goes through to stop this. Been there, done that.

Have a look at Steve's threading video on youtube and you'll see the bit I mean, it's the very last step before you thread the actual needle.

Spent about 4 hours messing with it tonight and im totally frustrated. Im posting this in here because im hoping some of you use the holster plate and had to make adjustments when you put it on there due to how much higher it sits off the cylinder arm then the other plates.

I think the only thing i havnt messed with is the bobbin tension.....

Don't give up, nobody was born knowing how these things work.