lws380

Cobra 4 "dream Machine"

I bought a Cobra 4 machine from a local leather shop. Brought it home late last week and have been practicing with it. It does appear to be fairly simple to operate and easy to sew with. I do mostly holsters and do not need lots of speed. I can sew fairly slowly with the Cobra 4. I'll probably send the motor back to exchange it for the EPS option that is available.

I've contacted Steve for help several times and he has been most helpful and there when I needed him. I've read many comments about his great service, and now I have experienced it. I'm happy with my Cobra 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug

I bought a Cobra 4 machine from a local leather shop. Brought it home late last week and have been practicing with it. It does appear to be fairly simple to operate and easy to sew with. I do mostly holsters and do not need lots of speed. I can sew fairly slowly with the Cobra 4. I'll probably send the motor back to exchange it for the EPS option that is available.

I've contacted Steve for help several times and he has been most helpful and there when I needed him. I've read many comments about his great service, and now I have experienced it. I'm happy with my Cobra 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug

I have had my eye on the dream machine for a while, that and the Cobra 3. Did you get yours used? Haven't been able to find anyone locally or anyone near that sells them. Was wondering about needin' the EPS myself, not sure what it does exactly. I bet shipping a heavy machine from California costs a bunch. I have been using a Tippmann Boss for some time now and it gets the job done but would like something electric that moves S----L-----O-----W. You make nice lookin' holsters. When I get requests for mag holders, which I don't make, I send them your way.

Uncle George

Edited by UncleGeorge

I have had my eye on the dream machine for a while, that and the Cobra 3. Did you get yours used? Haven't been able to find anyone locally or anyone near that sells them. Was wondering about needin' the EPS myself, not sure what it does exactly. I bet shipping a heavy machine from California costs a bunch. I have been using a Tippmann Boss for some time now and it gets the job done but would like something electric that moves S----L-----O-----W. You make nice lookin' holsters. When I get requests for mag holders, which I don't make, I send them your way.

Uncle George

Uncle George,

PM me your phone number and I'll call you to discuss. Kind of a long story and I can talk faster than I can type.

Doug

Could you guys enlighten me on the difference (other than the color) between the Cobra and the Artisan machines? I have been using an Artisan 3000 at the saddle shop that Carlos bought when we got back from Saddle Week '06. I'm OK with it, but I can't say my confidence is really high when I sew stuff. I noticed that the two lines look almost identical when you compare size to size, but the Cobras are several hundred dollars more. I just wondered if anybody has sewn on both and could compare them. Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The biggest difference is Steve Tayrien, worth every penny. Some of the sewing parts are different. Some of the internal parts are different too. There is a part that breaks on the Artisan, that doesn't break on the Cobra. It doesn't seem to be as easy to knock the Cobras out of time, there's a reason for that. Call Steve and ask him.

Art

Could you guys enlighten me on the difference (other than the color) between the Cobra and the Artisan machines? I have been using an Artisan 3000 at the saddle shop that Carlos bought when we got back from Saddle Week '06. I'm OK with it, but I can't say my confidence is really high when I sew stuff. I noticed that the two lines look almost identical when you compare size to size, but the Cobras are several hundred dollars more. I just wondered if anybody has sewn on both and could compare them. Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Art! I was pretty sure it wasn't just that the paint was more expensive.

Mike

Hi Mike,

The biggest difference is Steve Tayrien, worth every penny. Some of the sewing parts are different. Some of the internal parts are different too. There is a part that breaks on the Artisan, that doesn't break on the Cobra. It doesn't seem to be as easy to knock the Cobras out of time, there's a reason for that. Call Steve and ask him.

Art

Was wondering about getting these machines fixed, minor repairs, retiming and such. Seein's they're so large and heavy, sending them in for these issues would be most unhandy, time consuming and very costly. Can you set the timing on one of these rascals yourself or does it require professional help and special tools? Setting the timing on my Tippmann Boss is very easy to do myself, instructions on how to do so came with it, but it is a much simpler machine. Do the Cobras come with instructions for DIY repairs and adjustments? Thanks for any info. George

Edited by UncleGeorge

Retiming is not terribly difficult. There is a video on the subject. Calling Steve will get you the fastest fix as sometimes only a few steps are necessary, seldom do you knock the whole machine out of time. Once you understand the relationship of the point of the hook or shuttle to the needle, setting timing is easy. Timing the feed to the needle and hook is a little more difficult, but that very seldom goes out. When your machine is running properly, you need to observe the relationship of the shuttle and needle, do this with stitch length at zero.

Art

Was wondering about getting these machines fixed, minor repairs, retiming and such. Seein's they're so large and heavy, sending them in for these issues would be most unhandy, time consuming and very costly. Can you set the timing on one of these rascals yourself or does it require professional help and special tools? Setting the timing on my Tippmann Boss is very easy to do myself, instructions on how to do so came with it, but it is a much simpler machine. Do the Cobras come with instructions for DIY repairs and adjustments? Thanks for any info. George