wintermte

First seat finished

Not that I'm expecting to make a bunch of seats, since I just do this as a hobby, but you never know. Anyway, here is the seat I made for my cycle. I'm really happy with the way the tooling and lacing turned out, but the sides/gusset could have been better.

I can't remember who gave me the advice to switch to using the 1/8" lacing, but that was the best advice I've gotten in a long time. It looks awesome with the Mexican basket weave. To whom ever it was, thanks!

The passenger seat is next.

3459405928_58d3c2f115_o.jpg

3458594277_194ceac924_o.jpg

3459403246_20085d8429_o.jpg

wintermte

the seat looks great. I love the design of it. what top coat did you use? it's very shiny which is something that you don't see too often. Your braid is really tight too. love it!

TinyL

wintermte

the seat looks great. I love the design of it. what top coat did you use? it's very shiny which is something that you don't see too often. Your braid is really tight too. love it!

TinyL

Thanks!

It is dyed with Fiebings USMC black. The tooling area was then dry brushed with copper Angelus leather paint. Then I covered the entire thing with several coats of Fiebings super shene. Finally, I worked some neatsfoot oil into it to help waterproof it.

-Dan

Nice looking seat, good work.

Nice looking seat, good work.

Thanks!