Sign in to follow this  
Des804

Problen with Adjustable Groove

I bought a Tandy Adjustable ground and I tried to unscrew the top so I could adjust it to make a piece that I am actually cutting all by hand and it not only broke the micro screwdriver I was using but it completely shaved the inside so that another attempt would be impossible. Has anyone else had this problem I plan on returning the piece tomorrow in hopes that he will allow me to replace it.

I bought a Tandy Adjustable ground and I tried to unscrew the top so I could adjust it to make a piece that I am actually cutting all by hand and it not only broke the micro screwdriver I was using but it completely shaved the inside so that another attempt would be impossible. Has anyone else had this problem I plan on returning the piece tomorrow in hopes that he will allow me to replace it.

Des:

I had one from back in the '70s that that happened to. I hadn't used it for probably 25 or so years. Stripped the screw inside. Now I have the tandy groover that doesn't have the screw inside- it's the one that you tighten with your fingers. And yes, they should take it back with no problem.

BTW, Tandy does carry a freehand groover that you hold like a pencil (-if that is what you're needing...).

russ

Yeah Im goig to see if I cant just pay the difference for the better one if i can get out there today..