Joy

Proper Angle For Tandy Professional Leather Splitter

I am going to have to get the blade for my Tandy Professional Leather Splitter professionally sharpened 'cause I've tried, failed and decided I can't do a decent job myself. Does anybody know the correct angle? Can you share any other info regarding sharpening this blade that may be helpful? Thank you! Joy

I am going to have to get the blade for my Tandy Professional Leather Splitter professionally sharpened 'cause I've tried, failed and decided I can't do a decent job myself. Does anybody know the correct angle? Can you share any other info regarding sharpening this blade that may be helpful? Thank you! Joy

Mine is a "0" grind , (no secondary bevel , or a tiny microbevel from final stropping) . Mine was very dull out of the box , I got a piece of plate glass I use for truing up waterstones , I loaded the plate with an abrasive slurry , and worked the whole bevel ( full contact between bevel and glass ) , I used a strop to de burr the back edge . YMMV . Any shop that sharpens machine knives should also be able to help you out .

If you have any contact with custom knifemakers , they might be able to help you with a buffer , I sharpen lots of stuff on a buffer , but a machine knife is way too scary for me ( nothing safe to hold onto ) .

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

Thanks, Chris.

BTW , if I had my time over , I don't think I would have bought one . I think I would go with an Osbourne .

Chris