Sign in to follow this  
Patrice

Better And Fastest Way To Finish A Belt?

Good afternoon.

As i am making more belts, i'm looking for a way to speed up the finishing process. For all my letaher prodcuts, i'm using Fiebing Aussie. I give it two coats and let both coat dry before adding the next one.

While looking great and being a good way to reppel water, on medieval belt that are usually longer than 70 inches, i must admit that rubbing Fiebing Aussie all the way to the end is pretty longer that on short belt of day-to-day wear.

So i'm here, looking for a way to speed-up the finishing process. If this finishing is also good for other products, i will give it a try.

In return, if i can be of any advice or if you would like to have short text translated correctly from french to english, i'm more than willing to help. :spoton:

Many thanks and have a great day.

I've never used the product you use. Can it be thinner by heating it up a little? If you can get it thinner, it should spread easier and faster. I've used a product called Snow Seal on boot before and it was much easier to apple when heated. It was beeswax based as well. What is the consistency of the Aussie? Is is paste like?

I've never used the product you use. Can it be thinner by heating it up a little? If you can get it thinner, it should spread easier and faster. I've used a product called Snow Seal on boot before and it was much easier to apple when heated. It was beeswax based as well. What is the consistency of the Aussie? Is is paste like?

Yes, it's paste like. It contains bee's wax. It's spreading well, but rubbing it all over, is very long.