Sign in to follow this  
techniques

carvings with instructions from Paul Burnett

I have made several carvings from patterns and instructions from Paul Burnett and would like to show you some.

mallardringbinderjpgER640.jpg

This was a color instruction which was published at The Leather Craftsman

redfoxpicturejpg9RM2W.jpg

Redfoxes are one of my favourite animals. This redfox was also published at The Leather Craftsman an was for a coloring tutorial. I like this pattern so much that I made 3 different items with it. First I made this picture in the year 1989

redfoxringbinder.jpg

then the ringbinder in 1989

redfoxhead1.jpg

and at last this three-dimensional head in the year 1998

redfoxhead2.jpg

here is yet a side-view.

Hope you like them.

Gisela

Edited by techniques

Hi Gisela,

I make a workshop last year at Rene Berends and try a Bear in 3D but to cut all the hair with a scalpell is like searching a needle in a heypile.............

Greetings

Johann

bear1.jpg

post-6206-1247209379_thumb.jpg

Wow to the both of you! Those are amazing! That sort of craftsmanship is down the road for me as I'm just a beginner, but those are inspirational!

Thank you for posting those.

Wow to the both of you! Those are amazing! That sort of craftsmanship is down the road for me as I'm just a beginner, but those are inspirational!

Thank you for posting those.

Hi Michael,

this is not so difficult as it seems. The best way to learn this technique is to visit a workshop. For this technique Jan Schoonover and ClayB would be great instructors. And if you would like to learn more about filigree, appliqué leather and coloring so I can only recommend you to visit a class from Peter Main. But there are many other great leather workers which held workshops like Bob Beard, Paul Burnett, Kathy Flanagan, Chan Geer, Bill Gomer, Jim Linnell, Cheryl Smeja to name only a few of them.

If you visit a leather show there are often held workshops and classes and you can choose between many styles and instructors. To work with leather is a lifelong learning. I have yet so many things to learn about leather and I'm interested on every technique. That's the reason why I have choosen my username, because I'm interested on all the techniques.

Greetings

Gisela