Sign in to follow this  
buckskin1

tape or glue ?

i currently use rubber cement to attach my leather to x-ray film to keep it from stretching while tooling. I would like to try taping it but i don't know what kind of tape to use. the only double sided tape that i have been able to locate is scotch tape and didn't think that this would be strong enough. any suggestions

Rick

How strong does it need to be? I mean, if you're really concerned, try carpet tape, but I think the Scotch tape would work.

I just use scotch or duck packing tape. This works good for me.

I tryed to use the cheaper office max tape, but I will not do that again. It ripped and was hard to get off in little peices.

I don't think double-sided tape is necessary; I've never tried it, but it might be a good idea. The Scotch packaging tape should work well.

Don't use the Duct tape; I tried it, and it left an awful sticky mess on the back side (although that was probably partly due to the hair dryer use too ;))

L'Bum

Thanks for the help. I feel a bit like an idiot i had it set in my mind that the leather had to be fixed to something such as cardboard or x-ray film. I guess that's the learning process though.

rick