Hilly

Techlite

I have to admit, getting older isn't easy, especially if you like doing small, detailed work. I find my bifocals aren't strong enough, and my eyes water, and I have trouble focusing beyond the end of my nose. Lights aren't bright enough, print isn't big enough, etc. Even with 3 different gooseneck lamps and a strong overhead source of light, I didn't feel it was enough.

I decided to buy myself one of those lights that you put on the bill of a cap, but the first one I got wasn't good for much. Then I bought myself a techlite "Super Bil-Lite", and I'm a believer! These little lights are quite bright, and place a nice bright light right where your eyes are looking, without shadows from your hands getting in the way! I wish I'd have gotten this one a long time ago!

You can find and learn about them here.

I hope it helps some of you like it helped me.

No, I'm not affiliated. I just like sharing stuff that helps me.

thank for info am older myself maybe this will help me also

Hi Hilly,

I know where you are coming from. I finally gave in and got myself a pair of real glasses with progressive lenses in them. The reading glasses were getting to be a real hassle. Even with the glasses, I can use some help with close up work so I got a Mini Techlight headband with the clip on magnifier. It really does help to see what you are doing on the small details.