Randyc

Pocket Sharkskin Back Up Gun Holster

I made this pocket holster for my backup weapon. The holster is made out of 6-7 oz. cowhide and covered with sharkskin. The sharkskin was first glued to the cowhide, then machine stitched.

100_1378.JPG

post-5304-1200111760_thumb.jpg

That's a nice lookin holster. What did you use to glue the sharkskin?

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the kind words. I used "Tanners Bond" from The Leather Factory (Tandy) I also sometimes use "Barge Cement" when I'm planning on wet molding a holster. The barge cement still holds when wet.

Semper Fi

Randy

If I would have known that this morning I would have picked some of that up from Tandy. My brother just got a whole bunch of different scraps of crocodile and other exotic leathers and I've been thinking of different things to do with them. I might just make a holster for my .380 Keltec.

Semper Fi

I don't have any exotic pieces large enough for a complete holster, but I still have plenty left for accents. So many plans, so little time.

Semper Fi

Nice looking holster Randy.

I want to try this stuff out, but I only wanna use it around the top of the holster. If I use the barge cement do I still have to stitch it? I don't want it to come off anywhere.

Brian

Randy, that's sharp!. A full cover holster, and at the same time minimal leather. I like it.

I want to try this stuff out, but I only wanna use it around the top of the holster. If I use the barge cement do I still have to stitch it? I don't want it to come off anywhere.

Brian

Always stitch them together. I have seen some holsters twith exotic skins sewn on the edges but only glued at the throat that had already begun to sepparate a little before they even went to the customer. Learn to do it a better way and you'll have a holster that lasts for years. Cut corners and you'll have a pretty holster for a little while........

BTW Randyc, that is a good looking holster!