Sign in to follow this  
Pip

arm greive I made

Here is an arm greive I made, It is for a stone carver friend who as you can see has massive forarms, it is to protect his wrists from shocks but i am making some for a LARP event later in the year, any tips?

bat_038.jpg

bat_041.jpg

post-3537-1195905986_thumb.jpg

post-3537-1195906044_thumb.jpg

if it's for support, i'd make it a bit smaller so there's a bit of adjustment. when more wrist support is needed it could be tightened that way. (said by one prone to use one while tooling at events for people to see. i get lots of comments because mine i call a dragon cuff and tell stories about. shameless marketing... :) )

art_284.jpg

post-68-1195925884_thumb.jpg

I like the tooling and the design of the scene on that alot. Nicely done.

You can do some different lacing patterns that will allow for tightening up the - Bracer - if it should need to be tighter.

Terminology - Greaves go on the lower leg. On the forearm it's a bracer if by itself (or a cuff if you're doing American West :biggrin: ) or a vambrace if it's part of a harness for the full arm.

I know of one fellow who calls all armour "greaves"...including "head greaves".. everyone thinks he does it just to irritate his armourer :whistle:

Peter

Bracer it is then! lol I have always called them greaves, silly me! years of relying on roleplay texts.. he he

I struggled with the lacing a bit cause my mate has massive hands and forearms but small wrists.

Ross

Nice Bracer there, no such thing as shameless marketting, if people buy they want it, if they don't they don't..... we can't be held responsible for the fickle nature of our customers he he.

thanks guys