here is my version of a sam stagg rigging on a wade ...Not what I would prefer..

sam_stagg_wade_2_small.jpg

post-5135-1233631741_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyKnight

Nice work Andy... not my preference either though. I don't think there's anything you could do on a Wade to improve the look of it. Just looks like it's on the wrong kind of saddle.

Darc

Oldtimer:

I was going to mention Out West Saddlery as makers of wade-type saddles with Sam Stagg rigging, but you beat me to it. I've been to their shop and talked with the owners, Bob and Terri Beecher. They are wonderful people and make beautiful saddles.

So what is the reasoning behind wanting a Sam Stagg rigging? Is it strictly for the old timey look?

Looks like you did the best it could be done. The fork would need to be shaped with a bit of a lip over the gullet or at least be brought out far enough to accomodate the rigging strap comfortably. It looks like it works, though. I'm liking it.

Oldtimer:

I was going to mention Out West Saddlery as makers of wade-type saddles with Sam Stagg rigging, but you beat me to it. I've been to their shop and talked with the owners, Bob and Terri Beecher. They are wonderful people and make beautiful saddles.

Trooper

I have been admiring their Vaquero Wades on the web. I have a wade tree that will be a Sam Stagg Wade in time.

/ Knut

So what is the reasoning behind wanting a Sam Stagg rigging? Is it strictly for the old timey look?

The Sam Stagg rigging is a strong construction, no screws involved, and - that old timey look !!!!

" If you ain´t riding an old timey saddle - you might just as well walk" :thumbsup:

I love the looks of old timer saddles. I just finished building a Sam Stagg rigged Santa Fe-style half seat saddle for myself. I haven't even ridden it yet, but a customer saw it and now wants to buy it!

Oh... how sad... now I have to make ANOTHER saddle for myself... I guess I'll suffer through it... ;)

Someday, when I remember to buy myself a digital camera, I'll post of pic of the saddle here.

I love the looks of old timer saddles. I just finished building a Sam Stagg rigged Santa Fe-style half seat saddle for myself. I haven't even ridden it yet, but a customer saw it and now wants to buy it!

Oh... how sad... now I have to make ANOTHER saddle for myself... I guess I'll suffer through it... ;)

Someday, when I remember to buy myself a digital camera, I'll post of pic of the saddle here.

I like the old time saddle styles too !

I´m riding a Santa Fe-style saddle and I like it very much. Built it to save some weight during my mountain rides. I didn´t use the Sam Stagg rigging though, I made a mexican style rigging and it works fine. The saddle weighs 10 kilos.