Sign in to follow this  
Paula C

Hello from Durham, NC

Hello,

I just started leatherworking this past month. Taking my first leather tooling workshop which started this past Saturday at Tandy in Raleigh, NC. I live in Durham, NC and have been doing pottery for many years. Have really loved working with leather so far, carving is a whole new world. Like any new hobby, I'm amazed at all their is to learn, from the tools to the techniques, and even all the infinite decisions of which leathers, stains and finishes. Have made my first couple of trips to Zack Whites and it's amazing! I could spend days in that store...of course my checkbook and my day job don't permit that.

Heres my first couple of tries...no laughing now!

-Paula C

Too many hobbies, not enough time.

1st_try.JPG

2nd_try.JPG

Pouch_made_today.JPG

post-9700-1236983518_thumb.jpg

post-9700-1236983529_thumb.jpg

post-9700-1236983542_thumb.jpg

Hi Paula, and welcome to Leatherworker.net! We're glad you found our little corner of the internet. There's lots of members, both amateurs and professionals, who'll be happy to help with any questions you might have. Ask away, and enjoy one of the friendliest sites on the 'net.

As for "just started", well, you're doing a great job.

When you're ready, feel free to post some pics of your work in the "critique my work" section. There, you'll get honest feedback and suggestions on how to improve your work....and maybe a tip on what NOT to do.

C'mon in and grab a chair. Sit a spell and get to know the folks.