Sign in to follow this  
Essentia

8 plait button braid

Before I ask the question, thanks to Drac for the graphic :notworthy:

:helpsmilie: Does anyone know the string placement for creating the button braid as it's known? Any help much appreciated as it'll save me ages trying it all the different ways :evillaugh:

Thanks

Tony

chaos_and_button_copy_002.jpg

post-5109-1248336009_thumb.jpg

Before I ask the question, thanks to Drac for the graphic :notworthy:

:helpsmilie: Does anyone know the string placement for creating the button braid as it's known? Any help much appreciated as it'll save me ages trying it all the different ways :evillaugh:

Thanks

Tony

Hi tony

Its probably just me being thicky today but your grafhic have thrown me off - do you mean the 8 strand button end knot used to start or end a length of 8 strand round braid. if so its in ron's advanced leatherwork vol 1. if not thyen I definetly need a holiday -somewhere dry atleast!!!!

Paul

Hi tony

Its probably just me being thicky today but your grafhic have thrown me off - do you mean the 8 strand button end knot used to start or end a length of 8 strand round braid. if so its in ron's advanced leatherwork vol 1. if not thyen I definetly need a holiday -somewhere dry atleast!!!!

Paul

No not the Knot :eusa_naughty: ...lol the braid :helpsmilie: LOL.......

Tony

No not the Knot :eusa_naughty: ...lol the braid :helpsmilie: LOL.......

Tony

Tony, I don't understand... are you asking for directions for an 8-strand braid? I never heard of one called a "button braid", although I know a couple of 8-strand braids. Do you have a photo of it? Maybe that will help someone figure out what you are talking about.

Tony, I don't understand... are you asking for directions for an 8-strand braid? I never heard of one called a "button braid", although I know a couple of 8-strand braids. Do you have a photo of it? Maybe that will help someone figure out what you are talking about.

No worries, and thanks for the replies, I figured it out :clapping: it was the thin and thick string version that was confusing me (easy done) now I saw it in all even strings it was easy to copy....I'll post a picture when I get to use it......thanks

Tony

OK, great! I'll be curious to see photos of this. Glad you figured it out!