Sign in to follow this  
VanHornSaddlery

Trophy Halter with Bronc noseband

Hello,

My first all leather halter. Let me know what you think. All critiques appreciated. Thanks.

Jake

vanhornsaddlery.com

Leather_Bronc_Halter2.jpg

Leather_BroncNoseband.jpg

Leather_Bronc_Halter.jpg

post-8558-1249086927_thumb.jpg

post-8558-1249086944_thumb.jpg

post-8558-1249086968_thumb.jpg

Nicely done. I've made several bronc halters, but never a complete leather one. I generally buy a nylon halter and then just make a noseband. Good work. If you'd be of a mind to share the leather halter pattern in a PM, I'd appreciate it.

Hello,

Thanks.

I just took all the measurements off of an old halter that I had that seemed to fit a variety of horses. Ordered the hardware from Weaver. The noseband is a pattern I drew up but think that maybe I need to narrow it up some. For other halters I have done I usually just buy nylon halters and add the noseband. I'll post a couple pics of my other ones for the heck of it.

Happy tooling.

Jake

vanhornsaddlery.com

bronc_halter_flower_carved4.jpg

bronc_halter4.jpg

bronc_halter3.jpg

post-8558-1249095223_thumb.jpg

post-8558-1249095245_thumb.jpg

post-8558-1249095263_thumb.jpg

Jake,

Those look good too. Those are closer to what I do. I do have a question though. Now I'm not an expert on Sheridan style, but isn't the stem and/or leaves on the Sheridan flower going the wrong way. Maybe it's just me without enough coffee, but it seems something is going in opposite directtions.

You have done a nice job on your halter and nosebands. Keep up the good work - Deb

Thanks for all the replies. As far as the sheridan tooling goes I am a complete novice and am still completely in the learning stage. I am not sure I guess that there was a wrong way for the flow to go other than the flowers should go from the ground up. I do definetely have problems making everything fit and look in balance and not to stemmy or to much backgrounding, etc. Fire out the critiques, I am eager to learn. Thanks

Jake

vanhornsaddlery.com