I've seen snaps and lacing used to connect the ends of bracelets but don't believe I've ever seen velcro. With the wrist band pattern I'm designing, velcro is the only connector that will work properly. In your opinions is there any reasons why velcro wouldn't be a good choice?

David

I wouldn't use them for the simple fact of they won't last long and they could come apart easy (as far as bracelets go, IMHO). At the flea market my wife frequents there's a man who tries to sell his stuff (his work is good) who uses a lot of velcro for his closures and that stuff seems to never sell. If you don't want to use line 24 snaps you could try the sigma snaps, they're a bit more low profile.

Damon

David, have you ever considered using Sam Brown buttons for a bracelet closure? I've often thought that would be kinda cool, just never got around to trying it.

(Tandy item #1309)

I've seen snaps and lacing used to connect the ends of bracelets but don't believe I've ever seen velcro. With the wrist band pattern I'm designing, velcro is the only connector that will work properly. In your opinions is there any reasons why velcro wouldn't be a good choice?

David

To make sure they won't peel off, like the 'self stick' ones do after only a few openings/closures, you'll have to either sew them on or set a very small rivet on each part to keep them on permanently, David.

i've tried using the self-sticks on cell phone cases with the same results as Russ, but to salvage them I hit them with some crazy glue and that seems to work.

i've tried using the self-sticks on cell phone cases with the same results as Russ, but to salvage them I hit them with some crazy glue and that seems to work.

Thanks, Tim- I forgot all about the crazy glue. The better kind is the gap-filling kind, NOT the standard runny-no-gaps-allowed-or-it-won't-stick variety.

I appreciate all the responses! The main reason why I can't use a snap is because it tends to twist around and my design requires a rigid, fixed position with no twisting. Velcro offers that. I think the pattern is kind of cool (I've never seen one similar anyway) and hope folks will appreciate it despite the velcro fastener. If not then I'll have to think of another solution.

I have a cell phone case using a velcro fastener that I've been using for 2 years and so far I've had no problems with the velcro dots coming off. But the super glue is a good idea just to be sure it stays on.

Thank you everyone!

David