Sign in to follow this  
mooshi

What kind of foot is this?

I saw a video on youtube for doing circular sewing. What kind of foot is it? I don't know all the feet yet on sewing machines especially on industrial sewing machines. Here is the link for the video:

Mooshi

I saw a video on youtube for doing circular sewing. What kind of foot is it? I don't know all the feet yet on sewing machines especially on industrial sewing machines. Here is the link for the video:

Mooshi

That's a standard, multi-purpose presser foot that is fitted to most alternating foot, compound feed machines. It looks like the smaller, right hand 'toe' has been ground off, to enable the guide to be closer to the work.

I use this type of presser on most of my leather work, although there are better, made for the purpose, leather pressers available.

Steve

Edited by SteveBrambley

Thanks for your help Steve!

Mooshi

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

This is a foot as Steve rightly said used to get real close to the edge of the work being sewn. ie Some people call them ZIP feet where they can sew a zip in place easliy without the machine having to walk all over the zipping. Can be helpful to have one of each (Left and right) in your box of bits for when you need it. The other tool he had attatched to his macine was a drop down edge guide roller. He could then sew at reasonable speed without worrying about the stitches being not straight.

Cheers

Trevor "way down Under"