HandyAndy

Adding armor to an old jacket

I was wondering if anyone had experience with making or enhancing leather jackets. I have a great jacket but it isn't armored and I was hoping to slap some thick veg tanned patches on the arms, elbows and shoulders.

The question is, could I do this without removing the lining, possibly with cement and rivets?

I was wondering if anyone had experience with making or enhancing leather jackets. I have a great jacket but it isn't armored and I was hoping to slap some thick veg tanned patches on the arms, elbows and shoulders.

The question is, could I do this without removing the lining, possibly with cement and rivets? I am prolly not the guy to really go by but you can learn the hard way but don't. don't use cement alone use it along with stitching you could use rivets but it kinda glamourizes that particular spot. to each thier own. I have added python skin to my vest and my wife's vest also which is so cute compared to mine. She is very small so tayloring her vest was almost half as much skin than what I used on mine. I do have some ok photos of my vest it also has a tooled swine on the upper back that has a quote, A filthy swine that werx. This is only as a result of my issues but I really like being different and the little lady does as well. The newer python part bottom of the back section was added two years later which is why it is whiter than the front. All stitching by hand is what I prefer for my things. The front pieces were done with my way too fast tac sew t111-155 machine. It is prolly going to become a working desk that I have always wanted

th_DSC00020.jpgth_DSC00019.jpgth_DSC00017.jpg

Edited by swinewerx