bruce johnson

Angled Basket stamping no template

Last night was my first venture into stamping. Newb here! Took a piece of leather and just started playing with all the tools I ordered and realized I needed some tips. Thanks for what you all posted, I am looking forward to getting home today and seeing how it all works out now that I read this post!

I just love this place!!! In 35+ years of stamping it never occured to me to use a screw driver, Bruce! I think I've used just about everything else, but a screw driver touched up to match the leg is a simple and practicle tip! Thank you...great tutorial! I'm headed to Home Depot to buy an assortment of screwdivers!

Happy New Year!

Bob

It is a good tip. I accidently discovered the idea a while back and I keep some old ratchet style screwdriver tips around for the purpose (some of those tips also make excellent pattern stamps)

have you found that one particular basket weave stamp works better than another when it comes to do an arrow pattern, or is it just a matter of choice and taste?

Thanks in Advance

O n S