ruthless

Selling wholesale

I plan to have my website up in the next 6 weeks and I'll be selling my products online. I only ever intended on having it as a hobby business as my other job pays better than this, but my husband is getting really into the leathermaking. If it's to support him full-time he'll probably need to sell big orders to pet shops.

If we're selling wholesale, is there a standard discount that buyers will expect on the internet price?

Are there any other considerations?

I plan to have my website up in the next 6 weeks and I'll be selling my products online. I only ever intended on having it as a hobby business as my other job pays better than this, but my husband is getting really into the leathermaking. If it's to support him full-time he'll probably need to sell big orders to pet shops.

If we're selling wholesale, is there a standard discount that buyers will expect on the internet price?

Are there any other considerations?

The standard is 1/2 less than the retail price and this is to allow your dealer to make money. I would do a little less that 1/2 the retail for disturbers (people who also sell to dealers) because you have to leave room for them to make money when they sell to dealers but when they buy it is in very large orders so in the long run you make good money. Make sure you set your retail price a little higher to allow for some room to work with and still make money. Good luck!

Edited by wwwrmbbladescom