michi

US exhibitions in 2010

Hi

We are saddlemakers in Austria, Europe and we are looking for a toolmakers, leathersuppliers, silversmiths and teaches :) ) in the USA. My husband is the saddlemaker but me and your employee do all the tooling and so we three decided to make a trip to the states in 2010.

One of the most interesting things for us is a leather trade show, where we can see and try the items of our suppliers.

As we don’t know all the leather trade shows, it would be very helpful for us if you could recommend us one….

Is it correct that the Rocky Mountain Leather Trade show is the biggest one?

Have you heard from a show in elko, nevada, at Trina Weber’s ?

Or is there simply another really big show, which you would recommend us?

We would be very grateful for your advice….

Best regards

Michi Mayrhofer

Hi Michi-

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=calendar&module=calendar&cal_id=3&do=showevent&event_id=186

That is the date listing for the Rocky Mountian Leather Trade show in Sheridan, Wyoming. I believe there is one before that in Wickenberg, Arizonia sometime in February.

I am sure someone will chime in here and give you some more information on upcoming events occuring in the US.

Crystal

While I've heard nothing but good about Sheridan, and I do want to go there sometime - I live on the East Coast, and find myself usually going to the IFoLG show. Not sure where it's at this coming year though?

The 2010 IFoLG show will be held in St Louis, MO. Dates haven't been announced yet that I have seen.

I've added a couple more of the trade shows coming up in 2010 to the calendar at the bottom of the forum's main page. It's difficult to get too much information on some of them very far in advance, but they do have dates and the Pendleton show has a list of potential vendors and classes. I think Sheridan is the biggest show.

Edited by ClayB

The 2010 IFoLG show will be held in St Louis, MO. Dates haven't been announced yet that I have seen.

I've added a couple more of the trade shows coming up in 2010 to the calendar at the bottom of the forum's main page. It's difficult to get too much information on some of them very far in advance, but they do have dates and the Pendleton show has a list of potential vendors and classes. I think Sheridan is the biggest show.

Clay & everyone - Dates are October 14 - 17. If the Gateway folks don't get something up this summer when the packets come out, I will defintely post it up here.