mudtwo

HELP! Artisan 4000 stitcher

My Toro 4000 has for some reason started feeding backwards. Stitch length is fine, heck, everything is fine except one has to sew in reverse. I called Artisan and left a message for the techs to call me back, which they have not done. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

This sounds stupid, is the balance wheel turning toward you, like you would grab the top of the wheel and pull toward you??? If not, the reverse switch on the motor might have been moved. I never tried running one backwards, it doesn't work on some machines.

Art

My Toro 4000 has for some reason started feeding backwards. Stitch length is fine, heck, everything is fine except one has to sew in reverse. I called Artisan and left a message for the techs to call me back, which they have not done. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

This sounds stupid, is the balance wheel turning toward you, like you would grab the top of the wheel and pull toward you??? If not, the reverse switch on the motor might have been moved. I never tried running one backwards, it doesn't work on some machines.

Art

Dave at Artisan called me and immediately identified the problem, the eccentric on top shaft had slipped out of time 180 degrees. Following his instructions had it back in no time. Nice to be sewing in the right direction again!! Thanks Dave!

Yes, a known problem with those machines. The manufacturer has corrected that some time ago by using a little different design. I haven't seen the Artisans lately so I can't say if they have that modification (it is actually a different part), but I would suspect so.

Art

Dave at Artisan called me and immediately identified the problem, the eccentric on top shaft had slipped out of time 180 degrees. Following his instructions had it back in no time. Nice to be sewing in the right direction again!! Thanks Dave!