tat2

Singer 144W103 Flatbed, Extra Large Bobbin

I recently bought a Singer 144w103 from www.keysew.com. It was for a customer , ordered it, made payment in full then customer stated it was not the machine for them. So Now www.greenmanleather.ca is the proud owner of a signature flatbed sewing machine. I am told it was rebuilt , repainted and in exceptional condition! I wanted to know who has one , what they sew with it , how do they find the machine in general, how it compares to other machines etc. I bought a bunch of extra parts of ebay this weekend. 794 needles available a Campbell Randall for 9.30 for 10 needles.

Any how any more insigh on the machine would be very helpful. I am a cylinder arm user, Adler 205-64 and Pearson no.6 harness stitcher. So having this machine will be a lot of fun!

They are an awesome machine. I am looking for one right now. You will get spoiled on this machine compared to the Adler. Enjoy!

Edited by ryano

They are an awesome machine. I am looking for one right now. You will get spoiled on this machine compared to the Adler. Enjoy!

Hi Ryano!

What do you mean get spoiled? I got both the machines you talk about, but in different versions. I got a 144W 305 Long arm model, (30 inches long) with reverse and the same Adler in flatbed version. The Adler Is heavy stitcher and Singer 144 is a upholstery machine made for medium duty use. My 144W 305 are especially made for car upholstery of auto door panels and such. They are not comparable! My Singer is grey color and made in USA so it is far better than the model’s made in the British islands. The Adler’s is 100 times better machines and more expensive. They are collectibles!

My Singer is for sale by the way! But I am located in Norway and the machine weights a ton, so the shipping cost are high! PM me for pictures and info!

Tat2!

I bought the machine for a few years ago to use it on harness work, but it was too weak for that purpose. Since then it has only occupied space, because I’m mostly working on heavy leather. But the machine works well, xlarge bobbin, 25 mm lift, compound feed walking foot, 75 cm space to the right of the needle, very long stitches, high speed with heavy tread (size 8), hand wheel in front and reverse . You will find this machine in production of car panels and upholstery shops.

Sorry about the weight, I can sell it for a very good price if you find a way to ship it!

Trox

I recently bought a Singer 144w103 from www.keysew.com. It was for a customer , ordered it, made payment in full then customer stated it was not the machine for them. So Now www.greenmanleather.ca is the proud owner of a signature flatbed sewing machine. I am told it was rebuilt , repainted and in exceptional condition! I wanted to know who has one , what they sew with it , how do they find the machine in general, how it compares to other machines etc. I bought a bunch of extra parts of ebay this weekend. 794 needles available a Campbell Randall for 9.30 for 10 needles.

Any how any more insigh on the machine would be very helpful. I am a cylinder arm user, Adler 205-64 and Pearson no.6 harness stitcher. So having this machine will be a lot of fun!

Hi tat2!

here is some info on the 144W

http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/webdoc1/used/used-brochures/144w.htm http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/webdoc1/used/used-singers/144w.htm http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/webdoc1/singer/144b.htm and you also find info here http://parts.singerco.com/.

This machine class 144w 305 was rewarded a medal for it`s service in the US army during WW2. It was the machine in use for repairing tents, web gear and uniforms.

Trox

Here is a pic of my 144w 305

Trox

IMG_0105.JPG

post-10237-127250773359_thumb.jpg

Trox, what is the purpose of that Santa Clause figure on top???

Trox, what is the purpose of that Santa Clause figure on top???

Hi Nelson, That's a red smurf, one of the machine operators that came with the machine. There was a hole bunch of them that worked on this huge machine. The others had lunch when I took the photo. When I sold the machine they left too :)