ive been looking around a few sites, and seen some boots from sodhoppers and nativearth, i like the style of boot, and i want to try my hand at making a pair on my own, sodhoppers does offer a instructional DVD, however there are no sample clips, or guarantees, so $500, is a little steep for me at the moment, are there any tutorials, or suggestions on how to make boots similar to these?

thanks for your help!

ive been looking around a few sites, and seen some boots from sodhoppers and nativearth, i like the style of boot, and i want to try my hand at making a pair on my own, sodhoppers does offer a instructional DVD, however there are no sample clips, or guarantees, so $500, is a little steep for me at the moment, are there any tutorials, or suggestions on how to make boots similar to these?

thanks for your help!

27 views, and no answers?

27 views, and no answers?

Ken Hockenberry, who has donated the bootmaking e-book at the top of this forum also sells an e-book about making a simple hillbilly type boot, it comes as an instant download, and is well worth the cost I think it was under $30. I bought it, its really iintresting and comprehensive

cheers

Mike

thanks for your help!

Switch,

I've kept your request in mind for the past few months, and have come up with an answer. Well actually the answer comes from a fellow shoemaker Paul Opperman, and member of the Honorable Cordwainers Company http://www.thehcc.org/.

Paul has put alot of work into a tutorial on the mocassin style made by the companies you've mentioned above. I've posted a picture from his CD below.

He sells the CD for $45. His contact information is, paul_opperman@hotmail.com.

I haven't used the process he outlines, but I have skimmed it, and it looks like one could do a pretty fair job with the instructions.

Good luck.

post-8631-128015203012_thumb.jpg