I was talking with Kevin at Springfield about all of the things I didn't know I needed, I asked him about different finishes and he asked if I had ever tried using black Resolene. I had no idea such a thing even existed. He said that if you are dying black and you use the black resolene on top as opposed to the standard resolene, you will get a much blacker black. So I ordered up a small bottle with my other stuff.

I had a chance to use ti the other night on a holster. mixed it 50/50 and ran it through my Harbor Freight air brush. Went on about the same. It didn't take long when I could see what he was talking about. It really did make it BLACK! I was very happy.

However, what Kevin didn;t tell me, was something that made me even happier. After letting it dry overnight I went to retrieve them off of my drying dowel. Reaching for it I fully expected it to be very tacky like they usually are after finishing. Low and behold it was barely tacky at all! So good that there was no need to address it in any way. (I've been rubbing mine down with Kiwi Nuetral Shoe polish which gets rid of the tacik but it also takes some of the shine out).

Thank you Kevin!