Sign in to follow this  
tackmaker

sheepskin

where is a good place to buy sheepskin?and does any place sell andrews stainless steel saddle hardware?

Hi try lazy m or nugget company in san antonio the

shepp skin from lazy M premium quality its greay quality 210 224 2361

good luck!!!

where is a good place to buy sheepskin?and does any place sell andrews stainless steel saddle hardware?

David Andrews sells Andrews stainless hardware.

Andrews Bit and Spur

P.O. Box 5447

Laguna Park, Tx. 76644

254 622-8169

Good source for sheepskin is:

International Sheepskin & Leather

3090 E. 50th Street

Vernon, CA 90058

(800)421-6154

We've had really good luck with them and their prices are excellent.

Lacey

Another source for sheepskins is Siegel's. I was using the Lazy Ms and liked them much better than I could get anywhere else. I took a swatch down to Siegels when I went to visit and showed it to Steve. He started getting these LMs in, and I have found them to be as good as the Lazy Ms. The color is more to the golden side like most others, rather than the orangish tint of the Lazy Ms. Usual deal of Siegel's shipping included pricing is a plus for me too.

The color is more to the golden side like most others, rather than the orangish tint of the Lazy Ms.

I'd like to cast a vote for the golden over the orange sheepskins. I only admire saddles, not build them, but much prefer to admire the less volcanic-looking ones.

The orange colour just doesn't look quite right....

Weaver in Ohio now offers a woolskin that's white, rather than golden. It's still bark-tanned, of course. Many of the good old saddles I've owned by such reputable makers as Hamley, Wofford, N. Porter, etc. had been lined with this white variety of woolskin. I just lined my last saddle with it, and really liked it. It's a little different in appearance from the contemporary standpoint, but, still a nice think pile. I've got yet another black wade to complete, and the lady actually wanted this white woolskin as opposed to the golden. Who knows, it may catch on.

The best selection that I have found of top quality sheepskins is Misty Mountain Sheepskins between Branson and Springfield, MO. Their skins aren't cheap but they are excellent quality with great body and color. The leather is excellent and the owner will sew on any attachments you want on his Bonis machine.

http://www.mistymountainsheepskin.com/

I have purchased maybe a half dozen skins from him and every one was a winner. He also makes great Bomber jackets and other gear. He will do wholesale pricing if you schmooze with him and buy in some volume.

:blahblahblah::blahblahblah::blahblahblah: