An Avenger style holster for My Ruger.

post-11824-12795351091_thumb.jpgpost-11824-127953512792_thumb.jpg

I like the way this holster came out and it it's very comfortable carrying this big hog.

Nice job.....do you carry it daily?

Looks like it should last a good long time.

Nice job.....do you carry it daily?

Looks like it should last a good long time.

Thanks.

I'm sad to say that I don't carry this gun much. It's the gun I wear when out in the woods camping, exploring, etc...

This is a pretty heavy holster, I think this holster will out last the gun.

Nice choice of styles to carry a larger-heavy full sized pistol. I like the Avenger style for my full size guns. Yours looks to be a good first attempt and completely functional. One suggestion/recommendation for any future hosters of this style.... cut a section of small dowel rod to fit between the front and rear sights and tape it to the slide with some blue painters tape before you wet mold the holster to the gun, in order to create a "sight tunnel/track". This will help prevent the "front sight bump" your holster is showing, as well as make it easier to draw the gun and prevent the front sight from shaving out a gouge in the leather during the draw.

-Tac

Nice choice of styles to carry a larger-heavy full sized pistol. I like the Avenger style for my full size guns. Yours looks to be a good first attempt and completely functional. One suggestion/recommendation for any future hosters of this style.... cut a section of small dowel rod to fit between the front and rear sights and tape it to the slide with some blue painters tape before you wet mold the holster to the gun, in order to create a "sight tunnel/track". This will help prevent the "front sight bump" your holster is showing, as well as make it easier to draw the gun and prevent the front sight from shaving out a gouge in the leather during the draw.

-Tac

Thanks for the input Tac. I have used the dowel before for a sight channel and I tried it on this holster but I couldn't get the pistol to fit with the dowel, I made this holster a little to tight.ranting2.gif

I did work the pistol in and several times with a wet sight channel to cut a groove into the leather and after that I burnished the sight channel. Now when I draw the pistol out it comes out with a clean sight.

I do agree with you that this style of holster is nice for large heavy pistols, it is comfortable and I can wear it all day and not notice it.

Any chance you would be willing to share your pattern for this? i have a p89 that would look fantastic in it. (ps i love the davidsons p89, mines the same)