I was just wondering.....what seem to be the most popular gun holsters are made for?? It appears that the Colt 1911 is one of the leaders.

ernie

Edited by dirtyernie

That question is geographic and hard to answer... depends on where you are and what intent the holster is for. There are a huge number of holsters being made for things like CCW, Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA, Hunting, etc... So it would be best to qualify your question with a type of holster...i.e. "what is the most popular gun that ccw holsters are being made for?" or "What is the most popular gun that western style holsters are being made for?, etc.

For the modern CCW and open carry market, the 1911 is probably in the top 5. Also included would likely be the Glock series of pistols and the Sig series of guns. Smith & Wesson J-frame revolvers are also likely in that top 5, at least in my neck of the woods... The western style holster is dominated by the Ruger Vaquero and the Colt/Clone 1873 Peacemaker/S.A.A.

-Tac

The 1911, Browning Hi Power and Glock 17's seem to be pretty popular around here, but from the requests I have been getting there is a lot of demand and not much supply for Rugers and C&R guns

Edited by NoahL

CZ is a nitch market pretty much. But I've been seeing alot of M&P's, XD(m)'s along with the others mentioned at IPSC matches. Mostly Glock's, 1911's and wheel guns though.

I'd put the top five as:

M1911

Glock 19/23

Small Glocks

J-Frame Smith

Springfield XD

That's based on what I see at our club. If you make it the top ten, then you throw in Ruger LCPs, Keltecs, Kahrs, H&Ks, and S&W M&Ps.