Sign in to follow this  
Charke

Attaching Feathers To Leather (Larp)

I've been collecting crow feathers for a project for years. We have a lot of crows locally. In fact, I started collecting feathers before I started doing leatherworking. With this skill in hand, it seems logical that I attach the feathers to leather and I'm thinking about how.

The most straight forward technique is to copy nature - use an awl to punch a hole and put the feather in - but how do I make it stay there? I was thinking about glue, latex, stitching and I'm not sure what would be best.

Has anyone attached feathers to leather to make wings before?

Mark Charke

I've been collecting crow feathers for a project for years. We have a lot of crows locally. In fact, I started collecting feathers before I started doing leatherworking. With this skill in hand, it seems logical that I attach the feathers to leather and I'm thinking about how.

The most straight forward technique is to copy nature - use an awl to punch a hole and put the feather in - but how do I make it stay there? I was thinking about glue, latex, stitching and I'm not sure what would be best.

Has anyone attached feathers to leather to make wings before?

Mark Charke

sewing would be the best way like the indian headdress feathers were sewn on