Sign in to follow this  
TapTapTap

G'day Mates

This is my first attempt at posting on a forum. Thanks to Terrahyd for the welcome when i joined. Yep, another Aussie only this time from the NSW Central Coast (about 1 hour north of Sydney). I started in leatherwork 50 years ago and hope to share my experience with others and pick their brains for new ideas. I have just finished editing my Profile and posted a few examples of my work in the gallery. G'day to Jacko - I shoot a Bowtech compound for target archery, haven't got the strength for traditional bow. Regards, to all from Tap Tap Tap

B.J. -

Welcome to Leatherworker.net, and thanks for updating your profile. (I wish everyone did that!) It sounds like you have a lot of experience to share, and we're glad you found us. I took a look at your gallery, and especially liked the sailboat wallet.

Keep on posting! Best, -Alex :)

Welcome to the group!

Nice gallery pictures, I like the deer picture - very nice.

B.J. -

Welcome to Leatherworker.net, and thanks for updating your profile. (I wish everyone did that!) It sounds like you have a lot of experience to share, and we're glad you found us. I took a look at your gallery, and especially liked the sailboat wallet.

Keep on posting! Best, -Alex :)

Thank you Alex, I'm looking forward to being a productive member. Regards, BJ

Welcome to the group!

Nice gallery pictures, I like the deer picture - very nice.

Thank you Casey for your welcome. The reason I found this site was because I googled 'How to Photograph leatherwork' so when I learn the tricks I will post some more of my pictures.I was a great fan of Al Stholman and his techniques and have just completed another 7 pictures. Regards BJ

Evening Barrie always good to meet a fellow Archer - especially when they are a leather craftsman of some note. Lots of folks your age shooting lightweight Trad bow around the traps.

No matter if you shoot a Compound bow it's all good. Just for interest there's a very talented traditional bow maker hails from Gosford - Norseman bows http://www.geocities.ws/norsemanbows/.

Really enjoyed your profile, something to aspire too

regards Jacko

Evening Barrie always good to meet a fellow Archer - especially when they are a leather craftsman of some note. Lots of folks your age shooting lightweight Trad bow around the traps.

No matter if you shoot a Compound bow it's all good. Just for interest there's a very talented traditional bow maker hails from Gosford - Norseman bows http://www.geocities.ws/norsemanbows/.

Really enjoyed your profile, something to aspire too

regards Jacko

Thanks for the link to the Norseman Bows site. I am the recorder at the Erina Archery Club and one of our members recently came 3rd in the Australian Bowyers competition. He makes an excellent LongBow and has a few members giving up recurve and compound to shoot longbow. His name is Tony Mahony and he is also a leatherworker.. We have made a few wrist guards and quivers between the two of us. I have just finished a belt quiver from one of the Tandy pattern packs. (this afternoon) I will post it on my album tomorrow with photos of my own gear. By the way, the bowyer from Norseman Bows is not familiar to me and i haven't seen him at our club.I notice his catalogue is dated 2009.

regards,

BJ