Sign in to follow this  
CDragonworks

Looking For A Tree To Fit My Horses

I am new to this forum but not horses. I have one horse that is VERY hard to fit. Seems the more athletic and touchy they are the harder to find a western tree that clears the shoulder blades well. The horse in question is an old line Arabian. I have found only one tree that ever fit and they do not make a saddle on it(Billy Cook) so to get the tree and saddle you must get lucky and find one used! I tried taking him and my other arabs to a guy who claimed the tree maker would make a tree to fit but that failed and the tree we got is a plain old Semi Quarter bar tree. It fits the TBs OK but even they have dry spots on the shoulders. So my question is how do you find a tree maker who will listen to what you need??? I need a tree that is more upright...not flat(my horses are not mutton withers) it needs to be wider at the top and narrower(than most) at the bottom with a flair on the front of the bars to let the shoulder blades slide back... My old arab will walk on his hind legs for miles if a saddle pinches...and the sad thing is he can do it! But if the tack fits he is the finest most athletic horse you could ever wish to ride! Anyone have any ideas??? Cat

It would be helpful if you could post some pictures of your horse from different angles. What you have described sounds like old polish lines which is very different than the Crabett lines that most "Arab trees" are made for.

David Genadek