Bought a can of tanners bond from tandy's and seemed to be good stuff but messy and bad oder(boss made me take it outside to use)...Ordered some stuff from another co. and it was called tanners bond and figured

it would be same...Turned out to be Fiebings leather cement,,looks like white liquid,,appears to be a easier product to use and doesn't smell bad,,used my finger to put it on on a small holster,, a water based product....

Just wanted to add my 2c cents worth as i read thru a lot of stuff about the cans being hard to use and open after using etc. and had experienced same...So far looks like a good product,,so many choices these days on everything,,

long for a simplier time somtimes,,but fun to learn and adjust..Once again thanks for all tips and glad you are up and running,, i read Parks's edging tutorial every time i edge and am getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bought a can of tanners bond from tandy's and seemed to be good stuff but messy and bad oder(boss made me take it outside to use)...Ordered some stuff from another co. and it was called tanners bond and figured

it would be same...Turned out to be Fiebings leather cement,,looks like white liquid,,appears to be a easier product to use and doesn't smell bad,,used my finger to put it on on a small holster,, a water based product....

Just wanted to add my 2c cents worth as i read thru a lot of stuff about the cans being hard to use and open after using etc. and had experienced same...So far looks like a good product,,so many choices these days on everything,,

long for a simplier time somtimes,,but fun to learn and adjust..Once again thanks for all tips and glad you are up and running,, i read Parks's edging tutorial every time i edge and am getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Have you had any issues with that water based glue? I used some before on a holster and my edges separated. I think it weakened greatly during wet molding. Luckily it was my own holster. I used barge with good results and recently have been experimenting with Original Weldwood contact cement. Both have a smell but I seem to be in the school of thought that the worse it smells the better it holds.

FWIW: I now use Weldwood Contact Cement...their solvent based stuff....exclusively now. I have used, or tried to use, some other glues or cementing products, but this stuff is always the same and always works for me. Years ago there was a product named "Grip". Fantastic stuff.........it's gone now. Mike