Sign in to follow this  
xmplrywmn

Classes In Maryland

Hi all,

I am a beginner, beginner, beginner leather worker and I am looking for classes in Maryland (DC/Baltimore area). I used to go to Tandy in Baltimore, but they changed management and told me that they didn't have classes anymore. I am interested in making masks as well as decorative straps for instruments. I have lots of leather, but I don't want to waste it making mistakes from going forward without any guidance. If you know of any classes drop me a line!

Thanks,

Xmplrywmn

That is interesting that Tandy would tell you that when they adverstise this very thing. I would see if any Maryland area forum members come up on here or refer you to the leather work manual on sale at the Tandy store. That is a good place to start reading to get an idea about leather work. Then I would suggest some other resources such as Standing Bear's site. WC has a lot of video uploaded on You Tube where she discusses techniques for different tools. He also is an authorized Tandy and Hide Crafter dealer. I am sure if you call him or Sandy, they would be more than happy to direct you to some other resources.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will see what I can do to help you from afar!

Happy Carving!