King's X

Nice Documentary On One Of Guild Members

I thought some of your crafters interested in making guitar straps or learning how some basic tools work should take a gander at this documentary film.

It is on YouTube

Search for 'A Dying Art Form' by BreezyFilms

Enjoy!

I also posted it on my facebooks site in case you want to refer to it off your FB site!

Happy Carving

Thanks for the link King's X good film, I definately find it interesting to see how other leatherworkers do things.

Cheers,

Clair

I wouldn't call it a documentary film. It was guy making a guitar strap. But maybe i missed something.

That was cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone more experienced want to comment on the quality of his stitching? From further away it looked pretty rough in places but the close up as he was tying it off looked pretty good. But I wondered if it's common to leave the groove channel un-dyed, so in places there is the natural color around the threading that really seems to stand out against the black. Not sure how I like that, since the red thread seems to stand out enough on its own.

Either way, I really enjoyed watching it and seeing someone work, and comparing what he's doing to everything I've read so far... can't wait for my supplies to arrive so I can get started!

Also, what was he doing his cutting on? Just a poly cutting board? That's what it looked like but then it seemed like the tool to make his thread holes (still learning the jargon) was getting punched down into the board, so it seems like it much be made of something else.