First things first, credit where credit do.

I coppied a style I saw posted by ISW380, Thank you!!

I made this for a friend that has a CCW for his Ruger LCP. Did not have the gun to use so I made it very basic with minimal tooling. Convertable for use as front or rear pocket carry.

Thank you everyone for your postings on this site. It is helping me learn quite a bit.

Your coments and critique is always welcome.

Fredo

lcp1.jpg

lcp2.jpg

Good looking 'blind' construction. Retention will of course be better if you had something to mold to, but sometimes you don't get the option.

If it's not too late (meaning you still have it), you may consider rounding the corners just a little bit. Putting a radius on the corner, even a small one, will help prevent the leather from folding/bending etc. and getting tattered looking. Overall, a very good job since you don't have the pistol or a dummy to mold to.

Without the gun that is good. To get any retention you will need to have the gun or a dummy gun IMO. I would not suggest putting a Chicago screw that high. Keep them towards the bottom. The higher you put them the harder it will be to grip the gun. By hinging at the bottom the panel will separate from the holster more and allow the hand to grip the gun and index the forefinger along side the slide/trigger area. If you know someone will not want to remove the panel for front pocket carry, you could even stich the panel and holster together towards the bottom. But that takes away some of the versatility.

Interesting design. I did something similar for the J-Frame Smith, only one piece.

As suggested, I put a very slight radius on the corners after some critiques from friends. It doesn't take much.

I'm going to make a pocket holster for a .32 that I have. Do you really need or want alot of retention in a pocket holster?

I'm going to make a pocket holster for a .32 that I have. Do you really need or want alot of retention in a pocket holster?

Not so much that you can't get the gun out. Plus with wear and use they will get a little more loose over time. Depending wear someone wears it, some retention is good. If you put a smaller holster in cargo pants pocket, the holster can move/flip. In that case you will be glad you had enough retention to hold the gun in the holster. Most of my customers like to have some retention and they are pleased to have it.

Since you are making your own, try it both ways and see how you like it.

I used no extra retention molding in mine apart from the natural tightness of the folded over construction. Mine are made for the front pocket and can't turn over. I was also aiming for as ambiguous of a profile as possible. It just looks like a wallet when it's in your pocket. There are no gun shaped outlines.

Thank you all for the input. I learn something new every time I log on to this great site.