Sign in to follow this  
gregd

Still Waiting...

THE DOCTORS HAVEN'T GOT BACK TO ME ABOUT MY BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT YET SO BEFORE THEY DO I'M LOOKING FOR A TEACHER IN THE CENTRAL IN AREA TO SHOW ME SOME THINGS. THANKS TO THE KINDNESS OF SOME FRIENDS I HAVENT MET YET I'M GOOD ON SUPPLIES. SOMEONE EVEN SENT ME A COUPLE OF VHS TAPES BUT I DONT HAVE A PLAYER . I'M INTERESTED IN MAKING ANYTHING OUT OF LEATHER. SO FAR I'VE MADE A HOLSTER , A QUIVER, A FEW SMALL POUCHES BUT WHAT I REALLY NEED IS A GOOD TEACHER.

Hi GregD!

Most Tandy stores have classes to do specific projects. You might gain skills you need to complete some of your own projects from them. You can also ask your Tandy manager to demonstrate something for you, and most are happy to show you how to do stuff. Sometimes you can find videos on Youtube about leatherwork. Otherwise, you can always hang out here, and ask tons of questions. There are many people here who would be happy to answer questions, or possibly even do a tutorial for you. Now that we have video features on this site, people have posted some tuts. There's also a chat feature where you can chat in real time with someone if you want.

Is there something specific I can help you with? I'm no expert, but I'm always happy to help someone if I can.

HIlly