billio8

A Question Seat

I got the base metal, put foam, how do I make leather piece that matches the top and bottom with holes stitched leather??

go to the top of this forum and check out the "pinned" posts. a few different styles to look at. Davids "Christian seat" with a "top and bottom" leather piece or I believe the others are for wet formed seats with a "top and sides"

I do not find what I'm looking .. maybe I can not explain it well.

I read the post at the top but can not find answer to my question

form the basis of what I go out with leather? 1 cm or 2 cm?? and to create the part above that pairs perfectly...

Edited by billio8

Billio8,

I did a quick search using the advanced search under motorcycle gear forum. I know there are topics about what you are looking for try this link. basically it says if the pan is covered with 3/4 inch foam (that's almost 2cm) then he makes his leather 3/8 inch larger than the pan (or half of the foam thickness) and the top and bottom are the same. this is how I understand it. Maybe Dave will chime in here, since this is not my seat style. hope this helps but I'm not sure if this is what you are asking

http://leatherworker...rn&fromsearch=1

Thanks Billio8 for asking & Murse for pointing the right direction. I've been trying to figure out this same subject recently, so this sure helped me too.