I really love this classic style of holster. And I certainly feel more comfortable with geometric designs like basketweave over carving ( I love carving but hey I'm just not good at it yet)

I feel my stitching is improving and someday I hope my edges do to!

Any tips from the masters here is always appreciated.

DSCN4166.jpg

Monty

No Master here, but just want to comment on your nice looking holster...great looking 1911 too! They complement each other very well.

Only thing I can see that could make it look just a wee bit better (IMO) is to have more of the trigger guard covered, just enough so that the back of the inside of the holster would not show like it does. Also, this style of holster is a good candidate for a lining of some sort.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Rayban

I really love this classic style of holster. And I certainly feel more comfortable with geometric designs like basketweave over carving ( I love carving but hey I'm just not good at it yet)

I feel my stitching is improving and someday I hope my edges do to!

Any tips from the masters here is always appreciated

Monty

Monty, I'm far from a master, but I do make a few holsters now and then. I'm basically just old, grumpy and somewhat opinionated. I agree with Rayban that (especially) on SA auto pistols the trigger guard should be covered more. On most of my 1911 holsters, the welt is stitched only to the bottom of the trigger guard, yet it appears to continue up much higher. The reason I do this is that too many people have inadvertently tapped the trigger a bit too soon during the draw, (I have watched it happen) with pretty nasty results. From the backside of this holster you can see how I generally do things, the trigger guard is actually completely free, yet covered. By the way, you do nice work. Mike

.003-8-1.jpg

004-9.jpg

Edited by katsass

Love the holster Mike. That is a pretty slick design!

And I agree of course, about trigger coverage. I would never carry with an exposed trigger. I am a firm believer in the 1911 platform. But Murphy is always present.

However, just had to try one of this style. Very sleek and clean design IMO.

@ Rayban... I see what you mean. I'll modify my future patterns to eliminate that kind of gap..

That's why I love having other peoples input. Someone always sees something that I've missed and will make my next one better!

Monty