Sign in to follow this  
Big Steve

Leather Scuff

Hiya guys , had a customer come in today with a Harley Roadking with thhe hard leather covered bags, one has got some scuffing to the surface that has gone through the grain,and into the flesh, does any one know a fix for this damage? if the leather with the same grain pattern was available i could replace the panel, any ideas most welcome.

Regards, Steve.

I had a guy back in the summer bring me a pair of the same bags. In a couple of places he went through the leather to the plastic. I told him all the damaged pieces needed to replaced. He agreed but then started in with will they be prefect when your done and why does it cost so much. I finally gave them back and told him to go someplace else because i wouldn't be able to make him happy no matter how good a job i did.

Plus you will have to take the lid off to get the pieces back on after you replace the tore part.

I had a guy back in the summer bring me a pair of the same bags. In a couple of places he went through the leather to the plastic. I told him all the damaged pieces needed to replaced. He agreed but then started in with will they be prefect when your done and why does it cost so much. I finally gave them back and told him to go someplace else because i wouldn't be able to make him happy no matter how good a job i did.

Plus you will have to take the lid off to get the pieces back on after you replace the tore part.

Hiya Dirtclod, this is what i have told the guy, and the best way to do it was to change the lid, i was wondering if any one had any ideas about hiding scuffs, thanks for the reply.

Regards, Steve.