Sign in to follow this  
rodeomic

Guitar Strap

Hello all- This is probably a dumb question. But----I have found folks here to be most forgiving and willing to help. Friend asked me to make him a guitar strap. I was sort of like, OK---hmm, now what? I'm ok with the buckle setup for the front guitar button, but, even after looking at several pictures, I can't determine how the back billet anchors. I see how it will attach to the button, but don't know quite how to keep it from slipping. Thanks in advance!

Roger

Hello all- This is probably a dumb question. But----I have found folks here to be most forgiving and willing to help. Friend asked me to make him a guitar strap. I was sort of like, OK---hmm, now what? I'm ok with the buckle setup for the front guitar button, but, even after looking at several pictures, I can't determine how the back billet anchors. I see how it will attach to the button, but don't know quite how to keep it from slipping. Thanks in advance!

Roger

Roger,

There ain't no dumb questions. If I understand your question you're talking about the adjustable billet on the back of the strap, this picture shows one way of accomplishing this and it is the most popular. I make some straps with buckles on the front but they are predominately decorative, I normally have the front of the strap taper down to the pin hole and only have a two piece strap as in this picture, if you use the buckle on the front it becomes a 3-piece strap.

Hope this helps,

Ken

post-6362-071327500 1297444612_thumb.jpg

Roger,

There ain't no dumb questions. If I understand your question you're talking about the adjustable billet on the back of the strap, this picture shows one way of accomplishing this and it is the most popular. I make some straps with buckles on the front but they are predominately decorative, I normally have the front of the strap taper down to the pin hole and only have a two piece strap as in this picture, if you use the buckle on the front it becomes a 3-piece strap.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Wow! Not only did it help, it solved the mystery for me. Thanks so much Ken. I appreciate that.