Sign in to follow this  
3arrows

Saddle Questions

BC_rolling.jpg I bought 2 great used saddles tonight at a local horse and tack auction. Has anyone ever heard of a Teddy Wicks Custom Saddlery? I searched google and cant find anything on the internet regarding this maker. The saddle is very well made, seems to be a cutting saddle, 17" tall horn, rough-out seat,etc.

Also have an old Billy Cook Cutting/Reining saddle. It is marked " Made Special for Rolling" on the latigo keeper???? What does that refer to?? Is this referring to roll-backs that reining horses do? or something else?? Please help with these two,,thanks so much for your help,,ron.

post-6181-1211073943_thumb.jpg

came up with an e-mail address for someone who has new Teddy Wicks saddles for sale: tricia@showringphotos.com http://www.showringphotos.com/tack.htm

She may be able to tell you more about the maker or get you in touch with them.

Jennifer

BC_rolling.jpg I bought 2 great used saddles tonight at a local horse and tack auction. Has anyone ever heard of a Teddy Wicks Custom Saddlery? I searched google and cant find anything on the internet regarding this maker. The saddle is very well made, seems to be a cutting saddle, 17" tall horn, rough-out seat,etc.

Also have an old Billy Cook Cutting/Reining saddle. It is marked " Made Special for Rolling" on the latigo keeper???? What does that refer to?? Is this referring to roll-backs that reining horses do? or something else?? Please help with these two,,thanks so much for your help,,ron.

That sure is a tall horn at 17"!

Tony.

Cutting/Reining saddles have a tall horn for the rider to grasp while making sudden changes. thanks ron.

Im still not sure what "Made Special for Rolling" infers or implies??? Any suggestions? thanks ron

PS: I rode the Billy Cook on a rugged 3 hr trail ride in the Cohutta Mountains on Sunday, great saddle, rode wonderful and horse liked it also. Fit my Tenn Walker Trail horse like a glove..